Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Banana and Squish and Boston

We weren't there. Thank Gd we weren't there. I was watching the news when Banana and Squish got home from school. I turned it off when they walked in. Not to shield them from it, but because I still hadn't processed the images from the news and my news feeds on my phone, computer and iPad. The news came in from every possible source. How could I explain to my children what happened in Boston when even I couldn't make sense of it?

Of course, when I went out with some girlfriends last night it was one of the top topics we discussed. We still hadn't all made sense of what we'd seen and heard. And a lot of what was being reported was still at the rumour stage.

But when my children ask about Boston, and they will, I will say what has gone viral lately. I will say what Mister Rogers' mother is said to have said. I will tell them to look for the helpers. To look for the people who ran TO the smoke, fire, and injured people.

My thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment